Friday, June 13, 2008

The Cup, NHL Awards, hirings and firings, Euro 2008-



The Wings won the cup as we know, frankly I never believed that Pittsburgh stood a real chance of winning the series, as Detroit was the better team all along, and six games was about right. I finished 10-5 in my playoff picks, the best I had done since 2002, the last time the Red Wings won the cup, so, If I'm doing well in my picks, the wings win the cup.
Awards-Ovechkin wins two, which is no surprise, as the guy is the most exciting player in the league. Did anyone notice that the kid who brought the Norris Trophy out to Nick LIDSTROM, had on a jersey that said "LINDSTROM"? LIDSTROM HAS WON THIS TROPHY SIX TIMES!!! HASN'T THE LEARNED HOW TO SPELL HIS NAME BY NOW?

Ron Wilson took the Leafs job (as if THAT will put the Brian Burke-to Toronto rumors to rest). During the press conference, he said about his former team in San Jose knocking on the door of winning a cup, while the Leafs are (his words)"Not that close yet" REALLY? TELL ME SOMETHING I DID NOT KNOW!!! I'm sure there will be moments next winter when he's asking himself what he got himself into.

Marc Crawford got fired from the Kings. that organization is a shambles. I'm not sure a combination of Scotty Bowman, and the ghost of Toe Blake could win there.

Euro 2008-Italy and Germany both got beat in matches this week, while the French put everyone to sleep Monday. The French had better wake up today, as they play the Dutch, who play with no fear whatsoever in smoking defending World Cup Champions Italy.
Source

No comments: