Monday, April 28, 2008

A quick annoyed vent



THe Philly Flyers, while a decent team, are currently the luckiest team in sports.


Over two games in Montreal they won 1, and I can understand how my Montreal fanhood disqualifies my arguments, but here they are anyways.


1) I am no longer able to count on one hand the number of times Montreal got the puck past the goalie to have it take a bad bounce off the post/defense/ice to not score. That does mean by my count 6 goals. The Flyers have one 1 game by 2 goals, and lost one by 1 goal.

2) I can name 3 specific instances where the Flyers got goals that are legit, but are really stupid lucky. 1) The bounce of the Brisebois in game one. 2) The hand pass leg shot in game 1. 3) the slash the goalie's glove off the post off the goalie's skate in game 2. So by the's count (read: the real one no matter how annoyed/happy I am) the flyers have 7 goals and one win and the habs have 6 goals and one win. By my count so far, the Flyers have 4 goals and no wins, and the Habs have 12 goals and two wins.

3) To flyers fans who watched game 1, the call was kneeing not tripping. I completely agree that the call wasn't tripping. It was the definition of kneeing, but completely not tripping.

4) I'd like to interrupt this vent to give credit to Biron for stealing a game for the Flyers that should've gone our(my) way even without the bounces. He played strong enough to stop the goals that could've gone in, but the bounces that beat him made him look bad. Still, I guess it's better to be lucky than good. Full marks to his 2 breakaway saves, and full shameings to both the canadiens who had those opportunities.


I will say this, IF the Flyers maintain that kind of luck, they win the cup, and more power to them.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if they head back to Montreal in game 5 down 3-1.
Source

No comments: