Sunday, April 6, 2008

Caps season



If you had told me in November that the Capitals would make the playoffs this season I'd laugh at you and call you completely nuts.

But today I'm eating my crow.

I never thought we'd make it this far. But what happened last night shows me that the team has a ton of guts and talent. And that I am proud as hell of that team. Even if the Caps don't advance any further, it's been a hell of a season and I am so proud of them. To go from the laughing stock of the to a playoff team is incredible.

Let's keep the thunder going this week. I can't wait.

And lastly to Glen Hanlon: I know we gave you a hard time during the season. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you as head coach. It was nothing personal when we were chanting "FIRE HANLON!" in November. I don't think you were the real problem. I hate that we had to make the changes we did, but in the end it's worked out great for the team. At least you've stayed on as a scout. Thanks for everything you did as the head coach for the last 2 seasons and part of this one.
Source

No comments: