Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We got some straightening out to do...



Our very own Minnesota Wild is playing in Denver against the Colorado Avalanche tonight at the Pepsi Center. This will be Andrew Burnette's first time facing off against his old team, and he seems pretty apprehensive about it. Lucky for him, his mentor Joe Sakic more than likely won't be on the ice, so he won't have to walk skate on eggshells too much. What is it with these hockey players? I get it, you used to play on the team, they're your friends, nostalgia is great. But this is business. Friends off the ice. Fight til the end on the ice.I'm getting my hair done this evening. I let the summer blonde stay in a little long this year, but tonight we'll be going a little darker. Booooooo I want a tan...Did you know that Jared Allen of the Minnesota Vikings roster has his own blog on the Pioneer Press website? Kind of interesting, and beat my expectations upon reading it based on my initial reaction when I heard about it. The only other blog written by a football player that I've read is on the KFAN website, by Minnesota's own Mike Morris, and that's...quite a blog. Nicole is in love with....Jared Allen (haha NS, betcha weren't expecting THAT name to be at the end of the sentence), so she's going to be extra excited about this blog. So to mix things up a bit, I'm going to do a little daily installment post of "what I learned from JA's blog today" for the rest of the week. And each post will somehow link back to the Minnesota Wild. Get excited.Our Minnesota Wild roster is part of a featured article on THN by Edward Fraser, which actually comes from an article from the Twin Cities own John Shipley. A few of the Wild players gave their thoughts on the possible relocation of.nhl teams from the southern belt to the northern region. I have to say that I really agree with those who voiced their opinions in the article, that the.nhl would be much better off by moving those struggling teams in the south to a northern US or Canadian market where they have a strong hockey fanbase that will support the team (aka buy.nhl tickets).Again on the Winter Classic: I want to go. And I really want one of the fab vintage jerseys they came up with.There's a new Minnesota Wild commerical on the streets. And it's pretty darn funny.Source

No comments: