Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hockey Conundrum



The is now down to the final four in the playoffs: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Detroit, and Dallas. I'm trying to figure out who to root for.

Normally, of course, Buffalo is my first choice, but let's not discuss their non-presence in the playoffs. Then I usually like to go with a Canadian team. None of those left either.

Dallas is absolutely out because I don't believe in hockey teams in places where ice does not naturally form.

I don't like Philly. Don't ask me why. I just don't. Furthermore, Briere totally bailed on Buffalo to go there and I don't really want to see him win. Yes, I'm bitter.

I like the idea of Detroit, but similarly with my Briere problem, there's the Hasek problem. I don't really want to see him win, either, but not as severely as I don't want that Philly with Briere win.

So that leaves me with Pittsburgh. I kind of find the over-the-top praise of Sidney Crosby annoying, but whatever. I think in the end, this is the team I want to be supporting right now.


Source

No comments: