Friday, November 7, 2008

Quick hits



A reader pointed out this article yesterday about Derick Brassard and I wanted to make sure everyone saw it. Here are some Brass quotes:"You play against men in the.nhl," said Brassard. "My experience here last year showed me where I needed to improve to be a better.nhl player. So I worked really hard this summer in all areas, strength and skating, and now I can win battles that last year I didn't win."There has always been a premium placed on skating in Quebec, and through the years some of the.nhl's best skaters, Denis Savard, Jean Beliveau, Jacques Lemaire, Perreault, Danny Briere and too many others to name, have hailed from La Belle Province. It was surprising to learn that Brassard was taken aside at 15 and told his skating might be the reason he couldn't fulfill his.nhl dreams."It was an issue, so I took power-skating classes that summer and ever since," Brassard said. "The most important thing I learned was that my feet must always be moving. At least then you look fast! I needed, as a center, to be better at getting back and assisting my defensemen, especially with pucks below the goal line."I'm playing with one of the fastest players in the.nhl in Jason Chimera and that pushes you to be faster. What makes our line work is that Jason's speed opens a lot of ice for Jakub and I, and Jakub is a great playmaker. Jason and I like to shoot." You can read the rest here.-LTLSource

No comments: