Friday, November 28, 2008

LeBron James sneakers inspired by legendary dancer Fred Astaire



WUNDURFULWURLD.COM-- LeBron James is poised to clean up in the smelly, sweat-soaked world of sneaker manufacturing, launching his own line of basketball shoes in collaboration with the estate of legendary Hollywood dancer Fred Astaire. "My new sneakers be called 'Freddys'," Lebron told a boisterous crowd of youths in a massive roll out of his new shoe line at a park in Los Angeles yesterday. "You go back and study up on Mr. Astaire's old movies. The guy was light on his feet, man. "Spinnin' and jivin', slippin' and slidin', always findin' the open floor. He had him some wicked mad hops." NBA Commissioner David Stern welcomed the news. "I've been trying to elevate the tenor in the Association for a number of years," he said. "I'm trying to de-urbanize the game of basketball and broaden its appeal in predominantly white, corn-fed Midwestern towns. First, I dissed the tats. Then I came down like a mother on hip hop and bling and baubles and sh*t. "We'll be playing Barry Manilow's Mandy and Copacabana during pre-game warmups, too, now that LeBron and Carmelo have admitted they've got Manilow on their iPods." LeBron said that the advertising campaign for the Freddys is stuck on hold, for now. "We're havin' a major disagreement over the slogan. I want to go with: My Ass Be Lighter Than Air in My Astaires. "The ad agency wants to go with 'I'm A Steady Eddy in My Freddys'. I mean, I ain't never wanted to be no Steady Eddy. Who is that cat, anyway? Wasn't that the sneaky white dude on Leave it to Beaver who wanted to boff the Beav's Mom?" Kobe Bryant was unimpressed with LeBron's new shoe. "I'm comin' out with my own line next week," he said. "I signed a deal with Gene Kelly's people. "That righteous mother could dance the skinny ass off any old Fred Ass-taire. Go check him out in Singin' In The Rain if you be doubtin'. He's bustin' moves all over the freakin' joint. "My slogan is gonna be 'I Got Me Some Major-Ass Talent Poppin' the Zipper in My Genes.'" Kobe declared. "The ad guys wanted to go with 'I Sure Enough Look Mighty Swell in My New Kells'. "F**k that, man. I went over to the agency to see what was up, and they was all just fakin' it, not a brother in the joint, they was a bunch of Steady Eddys." Lebron hinted that his shoe line is only the first step in his quest to transform his global brand. "I'm goin' full Freddy," promised King James. "I'm gonna be playin' ball in a serious tux from now on. Get me a nice fresh carnation for the lapel, look real sharp on my trip to the rim, swagger in there, set up house in the paint, do my business and ride my limo back on D, listen to my man Jay-Z in my Caddy right out there on the court where ain't nobody visitin' from some farm in Nebraska can hear it if they be up in the seats. "I be elevatin' the tenor, baby. David Stern oughta give me the keys to the friggin' kingdom for that one." Ain't it a Wundurful Wurld? +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ If you liked this post, try these: Alone in gym, Kobe Bryant hits 3-pointer to extend NBA Finals to 7th game NBA scout says top draft picks have one very strange thing in common /nhl runs out of pucks, keeps on playing Miami Dolphins draft running back born in 1903 Maria Sharapova's grunts help sea lion give birth at zoo Source

No comments: